Introducing Lisa Kate Miler
Lisa Kate Miller is a Business Coach and Digital Strategist who works with women who want to build a successful business while raising a family. She has worked on the web since 2002, helping everyone from large multi-nationals to small local charities build their online platforms. Lisa spearheaded search strategy at Australia’s largest media company before leaving to follow her insatiable passion: building her own online business. Over four years Lisa built a profitable business and grew a huge online community, which she sold in 2014 to focus on helping other entrepreneurs establish their brands and build better businesses for the 21st century.
I was blessed to meet Lisa Kate at the Beautiful You Coaching Academy where we both studied to become certified life coaches. Lisa and I share many passions, especially when it comes to running value based businesses and using our platforms as a force for good. When I recently read an article written by Lisa Kate in inspired Coach magazine on using your business as a force for good – I just knew that I had to get her on the podcast to soak up her wisdom on how we can make a difference in this way.
Learn about (and relevant time stamps):
- 2.35 Starting in the science field
- 3.58 Leaving to start her own business
- 5.24 Working with a coach and becoming a coach
- 9.30 How to have a ‘better business’
- 11.30 A generative mindset versus a competitive mindset
- 13.20 What Lisa does to run a ‘better business’
- 16.25 Keeping in touch with current affairs and being an informed citizen
- 17.55 Using your business as a force for good
- 24.05 Making a difference as a new company or business
- 26.07 Volunteering around your expertise
- 28.12 Making change as an established company or business
- 29.45 Using your voice
- 31.23 Pro bono work
- 31.52 Finding a charity to help
- 34.18 The causes that Lisa feels passionate about
- 37.05 Balancing supporting local and global charities and causes
- 39.07 How to support your cause
- 41.42 Who inspires Lisa to dream for others
- 44.10 What’s next for Lisa and coaching mothers
- 47.15 Naomi’s Master of Human Rights and evolving ideas
Links and Resources:
- B Lab and B Corporations website.
- Article by Lisa Kate in inspired Coach about using business as a force for good.
- Article by Lisa Kate on ‘better business’.
- Article by Naomi Arnold on giving back as a new business owner or coach.
- Mummies paying it forward website.
- One Girl website.
- Y gap website.
- Article by Tara Mohr on beyond political.
- Shia Shahid’s TedX talk.
- The Malala Fund website.
- The UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) website.
- Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC) website.
Connect with Lisa:
Enjoyed this episode? Take action:
Thank you for listening to this episode of the Dream For Others podcast. If you enjoyed the episode, I’d absolutely love if you’d:
- Share it on social media and/or with your friends.
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Youtube.
- Check out the Dream For Others meditation to find clarity and direction on your dreams for self AND for others.