Introducing Charlie Syme
I am honoured to have Charlie Syme, the Marketing and Community Manager at B-Lab on the Dream For Others podcast. He is responsible for ensuring their community of B Corporations feel connected, engaged and inspired by the movement they are creating. He has a wide background in marketing, fundraising and communications – and is driven by the belief that everyone, from individuals to major corporations, can play a positive role in shaping our world for the better.
Since my business became a certified B Corporation, I’ve been getting asked a lot of questions about what that means, how others can become certified too, and what they can do to have an ethical and socially conscious business even if they’re not ready to become a certified B Corporation yet.
Learn about (and relevant time stamps):
- 2.56 Charlie’s story of how he became interested in social issues
- 4.41 Going travelling and meeting an aid worker
- 5.58 What is B Lab?
- 8.56 Getting people interested in b-corp for their businesses
- 11.02 Putting words into action and getting a quality check
- 12.03 Asking for transparency in business
- 13.00 Why is Charlie so keen on transparency?
- 15.24 The power of business and impact on the world
- 17.10 The difference between online and traditional business
- 19.23 Making your business the best for the world
- 20.23 Being part of the b-corp community
- 22.23 Transforming the economy to pick good companies and employers
- 26.37 Using the b-corp tool as a prompt for best practice
- 28.53 Making your workplace a force for good
- 31.33 The small steps to building an inclusive economy
- 32.51 Cathedral thinking
- 35.49 B-corp standards review
- 37.13 Re-certifying your business every 2 years
- 39.13 The future for B-Corp
- 41.18 Building a community and becoming a conscious consumer
Connect with Charlie
Links and Resources
- B Impact Assessment
- B-Corporation Australia and New Zealand Facebook
- B-Corporation Australia and New Zealand Twitter
- B-Corporations YouTube
- B-Corporation Instagram
- B-Corporation Australia and New Zealand Instagram
Enjoyed this episode? Take action:
Thank you for listening to this episode of the Dream For Others podcast. If you enjoyed the episode, I’d absolutely love if you’d:
- Share it on social media and/or with your friends.
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Youtube.
- Check out the Dream For Others meditation to find clarity and direction on your dreams for self AND for others.