Introducing Cameron Airen
Cameron Airen helps folks free themselves from gender expectations and norms to explore and own who they are. And she enjoys helping solo entrepreneurs and business owners integrate a feminist lens into their work. Cam is the co-founder of Whole Self Liberation, a movement and resource that helps you integrate social justice and personal growth into your everyday life. She is passionate about interviewing and elevating diverse, marginalized voices for their podcast, Real Feminist Stories, and writing about feminism and taboo topics that we shy away from as a society. Cam has a M.A. in Anthropology & Social Change, uses she/they pronouns, lives nomadically, and is obsessed with American Ninja Warrior.
I have done one-on-one coaching with Cam, have participated in many of her paid and free webinars, am obsessed with the Real Feminist Stories podcast, and love reading their social media posts each day – with every interaction I’ve had with Cam, I have left with a big realisation, an ah-hah moment or a sense of deepening on a soul level (and I’m not exaggerating!). So I couldn’t wait to interview Cam today on all things oppression, patriarchy, feminism, social justice and more.
Learn about (and relevant time stamps):
- 3.25 Sharing personal pro-nouns
- 4.31 Gender fluidity
- 6.02 Cameron’s journey into social justice
- 7.25 Seeing sexism in the home
- 8.44 Studying gender at college
- 12.06 Working with clients on body issues
- 14.06 Female athletes
- 15.52 How Cameron describes her work
- 16.37 What does feminism mean to Cameron?
- 18.04 Intersectionality
- 19.58 Helping clients be gender and sexuality inclusive
- 25.31 Gender identity in childhood
- 28.10 Growing up in heteronormative society
- 33.12 Exploring your sexuality
- 37.30 Whole / Self liberation
- 41.51 Creating a movement based on personal growth
- 44.55 Internalized oppression
- 53.01 The connection between society and your mind and body
- 54.17 Not identifying as an activist
- 59.28 The role of cis men in social justice
- 1.02.18 Female emotional intelligence
- 1.07.10 The next steps for Cameron
Connect with Cameron
- Visit Cameron’s website
- Listen to Cameron’s podcast (or find it on iTunes)
- Follow Cameron on: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter
Links and Resources
- Whole Self Liberation
- Upcoming Whole Self Liberation free webinar on internalised oppression
- Whole Self Liberation free community calls
- Cameron’s personal story as a non-binary queer woman
- Questioning the gender binary in sports
Enjoyed this episode? Take action:
Thank you for listening to this episode of the Dream For Others podcast. If you enjoyed the episode, I’d absolutely love if you’d:
- Share it on social media and/or with your friends.
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Youtube.
- Check out the Dream For Others meditation to find clarity and direction on your dreams for self AND for others.