Introducing Alan Crabbe (Pozible)
Alan Crabbe is the CEO and co-founder of Pozible, the largest crowdfunding site in Australia. Pozible was launched in 2010 and has already hosted over 13,000 campaigns. In this episode Naomi talks to Alan about how he started a career in crowdfunding, his tips for making a campaign a success and how Pozible plans to expand.
An important part of Pozible is how it aims to help others through the crowdfunding success. Alan shares how Pozible has recently become B Corp certified and plans to increase the ways the company can be a force for good. Naomi and Alan discuss how to make moral and environmental changes in an office, how to keep motivated when things get tricky and how to encourage others to join the cause.
Learn about (and relevant time stamps):
- 2.01 Who is Alan and what is crowdfunding?
- 2.54 How did Alan fall into this career?
- 3.57 Artwork sales platform launched before Pozible
- 5.36 Where crowdfunding actually came from
- 8.09 Using crowdfunding to help others
- 11.13 Tips for increasing your likelihood of crowdfunding success
- 12.51 Engaging the community for your crowdfunder
- 14.47 Resources for teaching you how to run a good campaign
- 16.06 Biggest mistakes people make when starting a campaign
- 18.47 How Alan uses Pozible as a force for good
- 22.19 Creating moral and environmental processes in the office
- 25.17 Motivation for going down the tricky B Corp path
- 28.17 What’s coming up next for Pozible?
- 30.19 Equity crowdfunding
Connect with Pozible & Alan Crabbe
- Visit the Pozible website
- Visit Pozible’s social media accounts: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Google+
- Follow Alan Crabbe on Twitter
Links and Resources
Enjoyed this episode? Take action:
Thank you for listening to this episode of the Dream For Others podcast. If you enjoyed the episode, I’d absolutely love if you’d:
- Share it on social media and/or with your friends.
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Youtube.
- Check out the Dream For Others meditation to find clarity and direction on your dreams for self AND for others.