In this episode, Naomi introduces listeners to Professor Jim Ife’s four perspectives on power. If you are someone who is interested in empowerment (in personal or professional contexts), you might like to listen to this episode.
Naomi uses digital entrepreneurship as an example of how one can use Ife’s perspectives to imagine different ways that one could act to create social change in the industry – with the hope that you can follow a similar process to identify different ways that you can create social change in your context too.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- How Naomi is applying her Master of Human Rights learnings to her attempts to create change in her life, industry and work.
- The 4 theoretical and political perspectives on power and empowerment by Professor Jim Ife.
- How you can use these perspectives to give you ideas for actions you could take or things you could do to contribute to creating change.
RESOURCES & LINKS REFERENCED:
- Master of Human Rights at Curtin University
- Professor Ife’s book on community development
- Difference, Identity & Power by Desiree Adaway
- An Exploration of Human Rights & Feminist Critiques in Digital Entrepreneurship by Naomi Arnold (NOTE: We highly recommend that you review the references at the bottom of this article and read some of the research around oppression, power and social injustice in the entrepreneurship industry.)
PREFER TO READ? SEE THE FULL TRANSCRIPT:
ENJOYED THIS EPISODE? PLEASE SHARE WIDE + FAR:
Pin to Pinterest…