My number one reason for blogging is to connect with you, dear reader. If you weren’t here, these posts would simply be a very public journal.
So today, I thought I would pause from blogging on the big issues, and take a moment to share 10 facts about me – with the hope that you will then do the same in the comments below. Let’s all get to know each other better. Because together, we can change our world, our loved ones’ worlds, and the world.
Hello, my full name is Naomi Louise Arnold and here are 10 facts about me:
- I was born in May 1984 in Atherton, Queensland. I am the eldest of four children, with three brothers. I was born with a double ear lobe on my right side – genetics seemingly unable to decide whether to give me an unattached or attached lobe and as a result giving me both.
- I am an internationally certified and award winning Business + Life Passion Coach with a background in psychology and health. I help big hearted, creative and mission driven people make a difference in the world. I support them in identifying their uniqueness, igniting their passions, and building their version of a passion-fuelled and purposeful life.
- I love kick-ass female TV shows and get really pissed off whilst watching shows that repeatedly show women as a the damsel in distress waiting for her hero to save her. Give me Sydney Bristow, Veronica Mars, Nikita or Max Guevara any day.
- I am married to the gifted web builder Dusty Ian Schofield. We have a little boy named Daniel Geoffrey Arnold (named after my Dad) who was born in 2014.
- I am super uncoordinated and manage to injure myself often. Yes, I have a gap in my eyebrow from when I jumped on my bed as a young adult and a porcelain dog fell off the shelf and hit me in the head. Yes, I tore my calf muscle whilst skipping up my driveway. Yes, I scraped up my leg after going for a slide along the zebra crossing one morning. Uh huh, I did slice my finger open with a beetroot can. And I did break my toe by accidentally kicking a door frame on the way out of the toilet. I could go on…
- I like to think that I am a good driver, but the fact that I’ve had three car accidents might prove otherwise. Pinky promise they weren’t all my fault though.
- I used to work for the Australian Government Department of Health. I worked with great colleagues on valuable projects, but am oh.my.goodness so glad that I no longer work there today. My frustration with our political leaders has climbed over the years and having to work to them nowadays would be personally soul-destroying.
- I am a feminist. It frustrates me that this powerful and beautiful word has become tarnished and ostracised. Actually it frustrates me that many beautiful words are looked upon with distrust and judgement these days – like authentic, awesome, resilient, and balance – at their core these are wonderful words with so much depth to them.
- I believe in God and Jesus, and I love learning about and from different religions – but I am not religious. I was raised a Catholic, but found myself disconnecting from the Church upon learning of many injustices and misuses of power within the institution.
- I have always been inspired by humanitarians and advocates for equality and social good. I hope to do more work of my own in this area moving forward – and have big dreams of being a coach for world changers, crusaders and creatives for this reason.
I would absolutely love if you’d share 10 facts about yourself below. Don’t leave me hanging, let’s get to know each other!
Let’s soar together,