Today I feel privileged to introduce fellow Beautiful You graduate, Amanda Rootsey, on the blog to share her wisdom on gentle-living goals. Amanda is one talented and inspiring lady. I highly recommend that you check out her profile at the bottom of the page, and follow through to look at her websites and social media accounts.
What would be your top three tips for setting gentle-living goals?
- Spend a week journaling each evening and really tune in and notice where you are feeling busy, overwhelmed and unsatisfied in your life. Take stock of your priorities and compare them to how you are spending your time each day. Do they match up?
- Now imagine what it would feel like to let go of some of the things that are no longer serving you. Can you say, ‘No’ more often? Can you declutter that area of the house so that it feels peaceful and nurturing again? Can you release some negative thought patterns that might be holding you back? Can you start to switch your food/beauty products/wardrobe so that it feels more aligned with the person you want to be?
- Be gentle with yourself. Sometimes when we start to become aware of just how much we can change in our lives, we can go a bit crazy with it and then it’s too overwhelming. Like all goals, we can do things gently and take the time to really anchor in to some new habits that will have us being kinder to ourselves, each other and the planet.
What would be your top three tips for remaining motivated and inspired by your gentle-living goals, and continuing to be in action toward them?
- Remember why you started.
- Set very clear, inspiring goals and make sure you are taking action towards them every day.
- Keep track of how you are feeling throughout the process so that you can look back on days when it seems like you’ve lost your way and can instantly see how far you’ve come.
Can you recommend any resources that might assist readers with setting inspiring gentle-living goals and remaining on track with them? (Note: Please feel free to mention your own products, resources or services here).
I offer Gentle-Living Coaching for women to help them get crystal clear on their goals and keep them on track to achieving them. I absolutely love this part of my job as it’s just so beautiful to be able to support another person to make changes that will allow them to bring more peace and harmony in to their life. It’s truly amazing working with each person and drawing out what will deeply assist them in living a life that feels fulfilling and gentle at the same time. Get in touch with me to learn more: Amanda@amandarootsey.com.au.
Amanda Rootsey | A Modern Girl’s Life by Amanda Rootsey & Shine From Within
Eco Model, Life Coach, Shine From Within Teacher / Mentor for Teen Girls
Amanda Rootsey is an eco-model, gentle living advocate, writer & passionate educator.
She spent many years as a fashion model, working in Australia and Europe for labels such as Salvatore Ferragamo and Cartier. She was always working too much and had no idea how to truly take care of herself. But after a 2-year battle with cancer, she decided to settle on the beautiful Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia.
Being diagnosed with cancer certainly changed her perspective on life and inspired her to go vegan, start meditating, enjoy each moment and encourage others to find their balance and joy in life. She blogs about simple living, natural beauty, wellness and eco-fashion and provides Gentle-Living Coaching for women.
Amanda also presents a fresh and inspiring take on personal development and deportment training for teen girls through her business, Shine From Within, which has a strong focus on self-love, compassion for others and healthy living. Her zest for life and positive, yet calming attitude is infectious and nothing gives her greater pleasure than to see her students SHINE bright & realize their full potential.
Still modelling part-time, and now with a deep passion for supporting businesses who look after our beautiful planet, she now works exclusively with eco-friendly and ethical brands who share her values.