Introducing Rosie Molinary
Rosie Molinary is a radical self-acceptance champion who uses profound questions and wholehearted connection to empower people to treat themselves well so they can connect with their talents and passions to authentically and intentionally live their purpose and help heal the world.
She is the author of Beautiful You: A Daily Guide to Radical Self Acceptance (Seal Press) and Hijas Americanas: Beauty, Body Image, and Growing Up Latina (Seal Press), teaches at the University of North Carolina, serves as a national Dove Self-Esteem Project educator, offers workshops and retreats, and speaks on self-acceptance, body image, self-care, media literacy, the Latina experience, and intentional living around the country. Rosie also serves as a creative catalyst to companies and brands that wish to provide a synergistic, empowered and soulful experience to their clients and employees as they serve the world through workshop and retreat facilitation and consultation.
A committed activist, Rosie helped found HAMMERS, a non-profit initiative to provide emergency home repair for low income families in her community, and Circle de Luz, a non-profit that radically empowers young Latinas by supporting their transformation through extensive mentoring, holistic programming and scholarship funds for further education.
In this episode, Rosie talks about following your passions, taking care of and accepting yourself, starting non-profits and progressing social injustice and community needs, finding ways to give back, the power of giving circles models, and so much more.
Learn about (and relevant time stamps):
- Rosie’s story (3.05)
- Community service scholarship (4.45)
- Finding meaning (8.28)
- Using writing (11.31)
- Director of community service (12.25)
- Hammers (14.33)
- First book (16.30)
- Circle De Luz (18.59)
- Finding circles (20.49)
- Bringing a project to life (24.54)
- Book: Beautiful You (29.26)
- Balancing giving and self-care (30.48)
- Making yourself a priority (35.11)
- Burn out (39.43)
- Recognise your blind spots (43.17)
- Wholehearted continuum (43.32)
- Trash movers (47.42)
- Finding your emotional connection (51.54)
- Challenges and difficulties (53.59)
- Being inspired (57.43)
- How can we help (1.1.07)
Links and Resources
- Check out Rosie’s non-profit Circle De Luz.
- Check out Rosie’s non-profit Hammers.
- Read Rosie’s book Beautiful You: A Daily Guide to Radical Self Acceptance.
- Read Rosie’s book Hijab Americanas.
Connect with Rosie
Share this dream for others:
Thank you for listening to this episode of the Dream For Others podcast. In order for me to be able to keep creating this free resource for you, I’d absolutely love if you’d do the below if you enjoyed this episode.
- Share it on social media and/or with your friends.
- Join our Dream For Others Ambassadors community where socially conscious people are combining forces to make a difference.
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Youtube in order to not miss any future episodes.