Introducing Mel Yeates
Today I am honoured to have Mel Yeates from A Girl, Her Car & Her Guitar on the Dream For Others podcast. Mel has raised $100,000 for beyondblue (anxiety and depression awareness) and Love Your Sister (cancer research) by traveling around Australia, busking, playing gigs, and attending fundraisers that people have organised. She also recently joined the Love Your Sister team. Mel is a wonderful example of someone who is using their gifts, passions and personal story to make a big difference – so I felt very blessed to have a chance to chat with her about how she’s done this and more.
Learn about (and relevant time stamps):
- Ordering Love Your Sister socks (3.02)
- Mel’s journey of traveling to raise money (3.55)
- Raising $100,000 (5.56)
- Sharing mental health struggles (10.38)
- Mel’s own mental health experience (13.40)
- The people Mel has met on her journey (15.47)
- Experiencing racism on her travels (18.08)
- Racism after being adopted (18.56)
- Being called ‘sir’ (21.59)
- What to do when things go wrong (25.22)
- Desire to help homeless people (26.50)
- Coming up with money raising ideas (28.51)
- Self-care while helping others (29.48)
- Mentors and role models (32.22)
- Advice for getting started making a difference (34.27)
- What’s next for Mel? (36.28)
Connect with Mel
- Connect with Mel on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Visit Mel’s GoFund Page
- Visit Mel’s YouTube channel
- Go to Mel’s Soundcloud
Links and Resources
Share this dream for others:
Thank you for listening to this episode of the Dream For Others podcast. In order for me to be able to keep creating this free resource for you, I’d absolutely love if you’d do the below if you enjoyed this episode.
- Share it on social media and/or with your friends.
- Join our Dream For Others Ambassadors community where socially conscious people are combining forces to make a difference.
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Youtube in order to not miss any future episodes.
To become a sponsor of the Dream For Others podcast click here.