Introducing Lisa Kate Miler
Lisa Kate Miller is a Business Coach and Digital Strategist who works with women who want to build a successful business while raising a family. She has worked on the web since 2002, helping everyone from large multi-nationals to small local charities build their online platforms. Lisa spearheaded search strategy at Australia’s largest media company before leaving to follow her insatiable passion: building her own online business. Over four years Lisa built a profitable business and grew a huge online community, which she sold in 2014 to focus on helping other entrepreneurs establish their brands and build better businesses for the 21st century.
I was blessed to meet Lisa Kate at the Beautiful You Coaching Academy where we both studied to become certified life coaches. Lisa and I share many passions, especially when it comes to running value based businesses and using our platforms as a force for good. When I recently read an article written by Lisa Kate in inspired Coach magazine on using your business as a force for good – I just knew that I had to get her on the podcast to soak up her wisdom on how we can make a difference in this way.
Learn about (and relevant time stamps):
- Starting in the science field (2.35)
- Leaving to start her own business (3.58)
- Working with a coach and becoming a coach (5.24)
- How to have a ‘better business’ (9.30)
- A generative mindset versus a competitive mindset (11.30)
- What Lisa does to run a ‘better business’ (13.20)
- Keeping in touch with current affairs and being an informed citizen (16.25)
- Using your business as a force for good (17.55)
- Making a difference as a new company or business (24.05)
- Volunteering around your expertise (26.07)
- Making change as an established company or business (28.12)
- Using your voice (29.45)
- Pro bono work (31.23)
- Finding a charity to help (31.52)
- The causes that Lisa feels passionate about (34.18)
- Balancing supporting local and global charities and causes (37.05)
- How to support your cause (39.07)
- Who inspires Lisa to dream for others (41.42)
- What’s next for Lisa and coaching mothers (44.10)
- Naomi’s Master of Human Rights and evolving ideas (47.15)
Links and Resources:
- B Lab and B Corporations website.
- Article by Lisa Kate in inspired Coach about using business as a force for good.
- Article by Lisa Kate on ‘better business’.
- Article by Naomi Arnold on giving back as a new business owner or coach.
- Mummies paying it forward website.
- One Girl website.
- Y gap website.
- Article by Tara Mohr on beyond political.
- Shia Shahid’s TedX talk.
- The Malala Fund website.
- The UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) website.
- Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC) website.
Connect with Lisa:
Share this dream for others:
Thank you for listening to this episode of the Dream For Others podcast. In order for me to be able to keep creating this free resource for you, I’d absolutely love if you’d do the below if you enjoyed this episode.
- Share it on social media and/or with your friends.
- Join our Dream For Others Ambassadors community where socially conscious people are combining forces to make a difference.
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Youtube in order to not miss any future episodes.