Introducing Amanda Rootsey (Shine from Within)
Amanda Rootsey is a qualified life coach and youth mentor, cancer-survivor, former international model and gentle guide. Through her holistic training school, Shine From Within, Amanda has helped hundreds of teen and tween girls to develop their confidence and now trains women to be inspiring youth mentors.
Amanda has appeared on The Today Show and Today Tonight, been mentioned as a ‘game-changer’ in The Collective magazine, and an ‘all round advocate for Mother Earth’ by Peppermint Magazine.
Amanda has a Hay House book on the way for teen girls and also writes regularly about her passions of simple living, natural beauty and eco-fashion on her popular blog and for national publications. Still modelling when she can, she has been named Australia’s only eco-model, working exclusively with eco-friendly and ethical brands who share her values.
Amanda is also a personal friend of mine and someone who I consider to be a role model for living and working in alignment with your passions, values and personal ethics – so I can’t wait to bring you this episode where I ask her lots of questions on how she does this through different avenues.
Learn about (and relevant time stamps):
- Amanda’s story and journey so far (3.10)
- Life after cancer and deciding on a path (4.14)
- Moving into eco-modelling exclusively (6.41)
- Living gently (10.10)
- Fashion revolution campaign (13.18)
- Shopping your own wardrobe (16.08)
- Op-shopping to find bargains (17.07)
- Finding friendly brands that you love (18.31)
- How to find information about fashion brands (19.55)
- Researching different kinds of products; clothes vs accessories (22.40)
- Advice for transitioning into vegetarianism or veganism (25.45)
- The China Study and the effect of dairy (31.42)
- Amanda’s different living arrangements in the past (34.20)
- The realities of living off the grid (37.21)
- Building an eco-home (40.24)
- Advice for having an ethical and value based business (46.21)
- Don’t always trust the guru’s (47.55)
- Why help teen girls specifically? (53.40)
- What’s next for Shine From Within? (58.05)
Connect with Amanda Rootsey
- Visit Amanda’s website and social media accounts: Facebook and Twitter.
- Visit Shine from Within and social media accounts: Facebook and Instagram.
- Find out more about Youth Training Course
Links and Resources
- Fashion revolution campaign
- Amanda’s recommendations for Ethical Fashion Brands
- Amanda recommends: An Ethical and Sustainable Fashion Guide
- The China Study book
Share this dream for others:
Thank you for listening to this episode of the Dream For Others podcast. In order for me to be able to keep creating this free resource for you, I’d absolutely love if you’d do the below if you enjoyed this episode.
- Share it on social media and/or with your friends.
- Join our Dream For Others Ambassadors community where socially conscious people are combining forces to make a difference.
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Youtube in order to not miss any future episodes.