Introducing Clare Desira
Clare Desira is a coach, speaker, product developer and founder of the Top Five Movement.
In 2006, she began writing down her ‘top five’ moments of every day, and has since recorded over 10 000 happy memories (and counting!). As the benefits of her ‘happiness habit’ started spilling over into other areas of her life, Clare knew she needed to spread the word about the incredible power of positive thinking to transform the way we live, think, and feel. In 2012, she took to the TEDx stage to tell her story and proceeded to take the Top Five Movement global.
With her practical approach to a positive mindset, Clare’s now on a mission to help people around the world choose happiness and generosity, find joy, and live their best lives. She does this through her speaking, coaching, facilitating behaviour change programs, writing, as well as through her Top Five Positive Thought Starter Cards.
In this episode, Clare discusses how we can use personal leadership and a daily gratitude practice to change the world.
Learn about (and relevant time stamps):
- Vision for the world (3.14)
- Daily gratitude practice (3.58)
- Five positive things (5.41)
- Healthy thinking habit (9.00)
- How the movement started (11.37)
- Speech writing retreat (13.32)
- Seeing the positive (16.30)
- The online movement (22.13)
- Positive thought starters (24.18)
- Varied career (29.32)
- Social Corporate Responsibility (33.12)
- Lessons from volunteerism (38.16)
- Being a volunteer (41.48)
- Personal leadership (44.22)
- Influence in other areas (48.36)
- Listen to what’s needed (52.39)
- Who inspires Clare (54.26)
Links and Resources
- Buy Clare’s psychologist endorsed Top Five Movement card decks here.
- Listen to Clare’s TedX talk here.
- Check out volunteer options at the Go Volunteer website here.
- Invest in a Kiva micro loan here.
- Buy Clare’s brother James Prascevic’s book Returned Soldier: My Battles: Timor, Iraq, Afghanistan, Depression and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder here.
Connect with Clare
- Visit the Top Five Movement website and check out the psychologist-endorsed Positive Thought Starter cards.
- Connect with Clare on Facebook or Instagram.
Share this dream for others:
Thank you for listening to this episode of the Dream For Others podcast. In order for me to be able to keep creating this free resource for you, I’d absolutely love if you’d do the below if you enjoyed this episode.
- Share it on social media and/or with your friends.
- Join our Dream For Others Ambassadors community where socially conscious people are combining forces to make a difference.
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Youtube in order to not miss any future episodes.